New Music Program
The International Brazilian Opera Company has the mission of
The New Music Program for Composers
is the centerpiece of our long-term strategy
for a culturally relevant legacy.
This company is build of people, discovering new forms to collaborate.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Placement is restricted by available slots and season programming needs.
Please fill in an application form and send us along with CV or resume:
Portfolio with samples of previous works, headshot, online video sample, website link, and press clipping.
you can ask questions: email@example.com
Along with U$200 non-refundable application fee.
Venmo: @IBOC-BrazilianOpera (preferable)
Paypal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IBOC Composers :
IBOC Artistic Director and Resident Composer
José Alberto Sanchez Ortiz
Four stage strategy for the development of new repertoire:
1. Curate creative collaborations and creative feedback in the writing and development process of new repertoire.
2. Concert Performances of new works for revision and audio recordings.
3 . Staged production, including DVD recording.
4. Touring production
Repertoire developed at IBOC:
• Tamanduá – opera in 3 acts (2h30min) – 5 soloists (SMTTB), Chorus (SSABT) – Full Orchestra and Chamber versions available
• Plastic Flowers (Flores de Penelope) – opera in 2 acts (1h15min) – 1 Soloist (Mezzo) – Full Orchestra and Chamber versions available – Includes electronic soundscapes.
• Cries and Whispers – opera in 2 acts (1h10min) – 3 soloists (SSM) – Chamber version only.
• The Twitter Trilogy – 3 short operas (1min30sec) – 4 Soloists, Chorus (SATB) – Full Orchestra and electronic version available.
• The Seventh Seal – opera in 2 acts (2h30min) – 7 soloists (SSSMTTB) plus Chorus (SATB) – Full Orchestra and Chamber versions available. – WORK IN PROGRESS – Stage 2.
• Anita! – – WORK IN PROGRESS – Stage 2.
• Watuna – – WORK IN PROGRESS – Stage 2.
• Nights Cariocas – for a capella Chorus (SATB) – 3 movements – 7 min.
Please consider making a donation today:
All or part of your gift may be tax-deductible as a charitable contribution. Please check with your tax advisor.