New Music Program
The International Brazilian Opera Company has the mission of
creating new repertoire while providing an educational structure for new talent to emerge.
The New Music Program for Composers
is the centerpiece of our long-term strategy
for a culturally relevant legacy.
This company is build of people, discovering new forms to collaborate.
Please fill online application for 3-year NY Residency.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Placement is restricted by available slots and season programming needs.
Please fill in an application form and send us along with CV or resume:
Portfolio with samples of previous works, headshot, online video sample, website link, and press clipping.
you can ask questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Along with U$200 non-refundable application fee.
Venmo: @IBOC-BrazilianOpera (preferable)
Paypal to: email@example.com
Career Development Program – Application
Project Submission – Application
IBOC Artist: Follow up – Compliance form
Residencies in Brazil
IBOC Composers :
IBOC Artistic Director and Resident Composer
José Alberto Sanchez Ortiz
Syrlane Moura de Albuquerque
Four stage strategy for the development of new repertoire:
1. Curate creative collaborations and creative feedback in the writing and development process of new repertoire.
2. Concert Performances of new works for revision and audio recordings.
3 . Staged production, including DVD recording.
4. Touring production
Repertoire developed at IBOC:
• Tamanduá – opera in 3 acts (2h30min) – 5 soloists (SMTTB), Chorus (SSABT) – Full Orchestra and Chamber versions available
• Plastic Flowers (Flores de Penelope) – opera in 2 acts (1h15min) – 1 Soloist (Mezzo) – Full Orchestra and Chamber versions available – Includes electronic soundscapes.
• Cries and Whispers – opera in 2 acts (1h10min) – 3 soloists (SSM) – Chamber version only.
• The Twitter Trilogy – 3 short operas (1min30sec) – 4 Soloists, Chorus (SATB) – Full Orchestra and electronic version available.
• The Seventh Seal – opera in 2 acts (2h30min) – 7 soloists (SSSMTTB) plus Chorus (SATB) – Full Orchestra and Chamber versions available. – WORK IN PROGRESS – Stage 2.
• Anita! – – WORK IN PROGRESS – Stage 2.
• Watuna – – WORK IN PROGRESS – Stage 2.
• Nights Cariocas – for a capella Chorus (SATB) – 3 movements – 7 min.
Please consider making a donation today:
All or part of your gift may be tax-deductible as a charitable contribution. Please check with your tax advisor.
You must be logged in to post a comment.